Need to get a good stretch in? Clear your mind? Rejuvenate and refocus? Why not try YOGA?
Yoga is great for the body, mind and soul. Developed in India thousands of years ago, Yoga is becoming increasing popular each year. Why? Because there is a plethora of benefits!
So, what are the benefits? There are numerous, according to the AOA, including the following:
- Lessen chronic pain, such as lower back pain, arthritis, headaches and carpal tunnel.
- Lower blood pressure and reduce insomnia.
- Increase flexibility.
- Increase muscle strength and tone.
- Improve respiration, energy and vitality.
- Help with weight loss.
- Improve athletic performance.
- Help protect against injury.
There is an array of other benefits as well. But, one of the best benefits of Yoga, according to the AOA, is it helps people reduce and manage stress. Yoga can be practiced to enhance overall health, improve balance, heal and prevent injuries and strengthens muscle. It’s a great way to tune into your body and inner self. So, why not try yoga today!
Yoga is offered at Vital Fit Club in varying forms: Yogalates takes place Mondays at 8:30 a.m.; Power Yoga takes place Wednesdays at 8:30 a.m. and Hot Yoga takes place Thursdays at 5:15 p.m. and Friday at 8:30 a.m.
Make plans now to check out a Yoga class and treat your mind, body and soul!