This week in our “Meet our Team” feature, you get to meet Therese Serum!
During the next several weeks, we will feature all of our instructors and then we will feature our staff members. Each week, you will get a sneak peak into who they are and what they like. We will share a “Top Ten” list about each of them and maybe even include a photo or two. We hope you enjoy this new feature.
Also, you can attend our featured instructors classes for free during the week they are spotlighted.
This week, Therese teaches PiYo Monday evening at 5:15 p.m. and she teaches spin on Wednesday evening at 5:15 p.m. Therese will also be teaching BodySHRED this Saturday morning at 8 a.m. Remember, you can try any of her classes for free this week.
Here is more about Therese:
Family members: Husband – Greg, children – Logan and Bailey.
Certifications: Group Exercise, spin, step, PiYo, Insanity, BodySHRED, kickboxing, boot camp and water aerobics.
Top TEN things:
- What do you teach at Vital Fit Club and how long have you been teaching? I teach PiYo, spin and a mix of boot camp, BodySHRED, Insanity, core boot camp and step. I have been teaching for more than 20 years!
- What is your favorite format to teach and why? I love classes like BodySHRED and Insanity…anything intense that pushes me to the limit.
- What motivates you? Being around others who are motivated to be fit, as well as feeling strong and healthy. That’s what motivates me!
- What is your favorite quote? Fitness-related – “Don’t wish for it, work for it.” Life-related – “Your actions define your character – live with commitment, strength and integrity.”
- What is your favorite healthy meal? Fresh fruits and veggies.
- What is your favorite indulgence? Chipotle chicken salad burrito.
- What is something people may not know about you? I used to play a lot of racquetball.
- What is your favorite song, book or movie and why? Any book by Patterson, Sanford or Lee Child.
- Besides teaching classes, what is your favorite way to stay active? I love to swim, bike, jog, ski and play outside games with family and friends.
- In one or two words, how would you describe yourself? Energetic and motivated.