This week in our “Meet our Team” feature, you get to meet Taylor Jonnes!
During the next several weeks, we will feature all of our instructors and then we will feature our staff members. Each week, you will get a sneak peak into who they are and what they like. We will share a “Top Ten” list about each of them and maybe even include a photo or two. We hope you enjoy this new feature.
Also, you can attend our featured instructors classes for free during the week they are spotlighted.
Taylor teaches Yoga at 8:35 a.m. on Wednesdays, Gentle Stretch Yoga at 6:15 p.m. on Thursdays and Yoga at 6:05 a.m. on Fridays.
Taylor gave a brief description of her Gentle Stretch Yoga classes. She said, “Prepare to release and let go. By incorporating breath with poses designed to release tension, we are able to increase mobility, manage stress, relax and recover. Whether you are an athlete looking to stretch and find space or you are just looking for a deeper relaxation, this class is for you and EVERY BODY.” As for her regular Yoga classes, Taylor noted, “Open to all levels, this class links breath with movement. Find your inner and outer strength by flowing through yoga poses designed to increase concentration and work on self discipline. Modifications always welcomed.”
Here is more about Taylor:
Family members: Chris, her fiancé.
Certifications: RYT-230 (She explained, “I am a registered yoga teacher and I have 230 hours of training under my belt!”
Top TEN things:
- What do you teach at Vital Fit Club and how long have you been teaching? Vinyasa Yoga and Gentle Stretch Yoga. I have been teaching since January of 2016.
- What is your favorite format to teach and why? Vinyasa Yoga, which is where each movement in the practice is partnered with either an inhale or an exhale. I love it because it helps to clear your mind when you are so focused on your breathing and it helps to make each movement more fluid.
- What motivates you? My fiancé and I both have big goals and dreams; seeing him work so hard everyday keeps me motivated to reach my goals.
- What is your favorite quote? “Inhale the future. Exhale the past.”
- What is your favorite healthy meal? Grilled pepper with black beans and quinoa.
- What is your favorite indulgence? Soaking up the sun on a boat in the summer with a cooler of cold beer and snacks.
- What is something people may not know about you? I grew up in Stillwater and have been living in Alexandria for only two years. I also have a new jewelry business called Black Sheep Jewelry. You can find it on Instagram @shopblacksheepjewelry.
- What is your favorite song, book or movie and why? Movie: Stepbrothers. Because sometimes you just need dumb humor and to shut your brain off at the end of the day!
- Besides teaching classes, what is your favorite way to stay active? I love playing sand volleyball in the summer and court volleyball in the fall and winter!
- In one or two words, how would you describe yourself? Creative!
Taylor and her fiancé, Chris.
Taylor is on the far left in the front, in the black and white tank.
Just hanging around!