This week in our “Meet our Team” feature, you get to meet Carl Langner!
During the next several weeks, we will feature all of our instructors and then we will feature our staff members. Each week, you will get a sneak peak into who they are and what they like. We will share a “Top Ten” list about each of them and maybe even include a photo or two. We hope you enjoy this new feature.
Also, you can attend our featured instructors classes for free during the week they are spotlighted.
Carl teaches spin on Mondays at 5:10 a.m. and spin on Wednesdays at 12:10 p.m. He will also be teaching spin this coming Saturday, April 9 at 8 a.m. Come and take a spin with Carl, he would love to have you in his class!
Here is more about Carl:
Family members: Nancy (beautiful wife), children – Nate (20), Katelyn (17) and Nick (14). We also have two dogs and a cat: Max, a yellow lab; Bear, a chocolate lab; and Smokey, the cat.
Certifications: Spin through NETA (the National Exercise Trainers Association) and the YMCA.
Top TEN things:
- What do you teach at Vital Fit Club and how long have you been teaching? I teach spin at Vital, but I have been teaching spin classes for the last 16 years.
- What is your favorite format to teach and why? I enjoy spin and the interval training it lends itself to. I also enjoy the 2-hour classes, when offered. I appreciate the low impact on the body while maximizing the cardio work.
- What motivates you? God, my family and my health.
- What is your favorite quote? “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1.
- What is your favorite healthy meal? Nancy’s recipe for brown rice and quinoa with grilled chicken.
- What is your favorite indulgence? Popcorn!
- What is something people may not know about you? I was blessed to be chosen as 1 of 6 sprinters on the USA International Track Team in 1991, touring Europe and competing with and against some wonderful competition.
- What is your favorite song, book or movie and why? This is hard…I have many favorites of each. People who come to my spin class hear my favorite music…I like to rock. I enjoy action movies and the occasional “chick flick” with Nancy. My favorite book is the “Sword of the Spirit.” (Bible)
- Besides teaching classes, what is your favorite way to stay active? Hunting, fishing, biking, hiking, swimming, etc. You name it, our family does it.
- In one or two words, how would you describe yourself? Humbly grateful.
Carl and his wife, Nancy.
Carl’s family (left to right) Nick, Katelyn, Nate and Nancy.
The dogs – Bear and Max.
Carl and Nancy.