This week in our “Meet our Team” feature, you get to meet Sarah Roers!
During the next several weeks, we will feature all of our instructors and then we will feature our staff members. Each week, you will get a sneak peak into who they are and what they like. We will share a “Top Ten” list about each of them and maybe even include a photo or two. We hope you enjoy this new feature.
Also, you can attend our featured instructors classes for free during the week they are spotlighted.
Sarah’s week will run Monday, February 29 through Saturday, March 5. During this time, you can attend Sarah’s classes for free. Here is her schedule:
- Monday, February 29 – Power Yoga at 8:35 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 1 – PiYo at 8:35 a.m.
- Thursday, March 3 – Hot Yoga at 5:15 p.m.
- Friday, March 4 – Hot Yoga at 8:35 a.m.
Here is more about Sarah:
Family members: Husband – Randy and children – Aliah, Brady and Ethan. We also have a black lab, Chloe.
Certifications: NETA Group Ex, NETA Yoga, NSCA Personal Training (NETA is the National Exercise Trainers Association and NSCA is National Strength and Conditioning Association). Sarah also has taken several continuing education workshops.
Top TEN things:
- What do you teach at Vital Fit Club and how long have you been teaching? Currently, I teach yoga, power yoga, hot yoga and PiYo. I previously taught 50/50, power, spin, dance cardio, kickboxing, bootcamp…etc!
- What is your favorite format to teach and why? Yoga and yoga variations. It combines multiple important aspects of fitness including strength, endurance and flexibility, plus connection of mind, body and soul through breath, along with relaxation – which is lacking for most of us! My favorite part is feedback on how wonderful class participants feel at the end of class.
- What motivates you? My family and friends.
- What is your favorite quote? I love lots of quotes! Here’s one currently on the top of my list: “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.”
- What is your favorite healthy meal? Eggs! (Side note: Sarah and her family raise chickens and she often shares the eggs with members.)
- What is your favorite indulgence? Chocolate.
- What is something people may not know about you? I was SUPER shy as a kid.
- What is your favorite song, book or movie and why? I like lots of songs, books and movies! I can’t pick just one.
- Besides teaching classes, what is your favorite way to stay active? Training for events such as mud runs, sprint triathlons, 5K/10Ks and more.
- In one or two words, how would you describe yourself? Positive.
Sarah and her family.
Sarah and her friend, Jackie, after the Lakes Area Endurance Half-Marathon last summer in Alexandria.
Sarah (far left) and friends after they complete the Warrior Dash obstacle race.