This week in our “Meet our Team” feature, you get to meet Jen Sibell!
During the next several weeks, we will feature all of our instructors and then we will feature our staff members. Each week, you will get a sneak peak into who they are and what they like. We will share a “Top Ten” list about each of them and maybe even include a photo or two. We hope you enjoy this new feature.
Also, you can attend our featured instructors classes for free during the week they are spotlighted.
Jen’s week will run Monday, February 15 through Saturday, February 20. During this time, you can attend Jen’s Pilates class on Monday evening at 6:15 p.m., her Power Pilates class on Wednesday at 6:15 p.m. and this Saturday, Jen will be teaching Power Pilates at 8 a.m. Come and see what Pilates is all about!
Jen (on left) with Vital Fit Club member, Sarah.
Here’s more about Jen:
Top TEN things:
- What do you teach at Vital Fit Club and how long have you been teaching? Pilates, Power Pilates and I like to sub for bootcamp and hot yoga. I’ve been teaching for six years.
- What is your favorite format to teach and why? I love Pilates because I love to see the physical and mental changes that happen in people.
- What motivates you? Good music – a great playlist is huge and can make the class! I love learning new formats, mixing it up and learning from other instructors. They provide good inspiration.
- What is your favorite quote? “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas A. Edison
- What is your favorite healthy meal? I call it the “Hot cold salad” and it has cooked chicken, black beans and an assortment of veggies on a bed of colorful lettuce. I also love that chicken wild rice salad with grapes and walnuts.
- What is your favorite indulgence? Chocolate – any kind – I am not picky!
- What is something people may not know about you? I am a Netflix binge watcher.
- What is your favorite song, book or movie and why? I don’t really have a favorite song, but I have a favorite band – The Fray. You can listen to them while relaxing or working out – they are so diverse.
- Besides teaching classes, what is your favorite way to stay active? I love rollerblading in the summer or running and I just really like to work out with friends.
- In one or two words, how would you describe yourself? Determined.
Recently, Jen taught a bridal-related Pilates class for Vital Fit Club member, Lisa, who is getting married. The whole group joined in the fun!