Vital Fit Club is happy to announce a new feature, “Meet our Team!”
To begin, we will feature all of our instructors and then we will feature our staff members. Each week, you will get a sneak peak into who they are and what they like. We will share a “Top Ten” list about each of them and maybe even include a photo or two. We hope you enjoy this new feature.
Also, you can attend our featured instructors classes for free during the week they are spotlighted.
Up first is Vital Fit instructor Lisa Putnam. Her week will run Monday, February 7 through Saturday, February 13. During this time, you can attend Lisa’s hot yoga class on Tuesday evening at 5:15 p.m. and her HIIT/Strength class on Saturday morning at 8 a.m.
Here’s more about Lisa:
Family members: Husband, Cory, and children, Alexis (11), Brady (10), Carter (6) and Madelyn (4).
Certifications: NETA certified – Group Fitness, Kettlebell and Personal Trainer. NETA is the National Exercise Trainers Association.
Top TEN things:
- What do you teach at Vital Fit Club and how long have you been teaching? Hot Yoga, HIIT, Step and Strength. Not to age myself but, 17 years, YIKES!
- What is your favorite format to teach and why? HIIT. I love to sweat!
- What motivates you? Being strong.
- What is your favorite quote? The best things in life aren’t things.
- What is your favorite healthy meal? Quinoa, black beans, tomato and avocado salad.
- What is your favorite indulgence? Chips and salsa.
- What is something people may not know about you? Something my hubby and I enjoy doing together is fishing tournaments. When I was pregnant with my youngest – just days away from my due date – we fished a tournament on Lake Minnewaska. It was an extremely windy day and wavy. Needless to say, that evening I was having contractions! It’s a good thing we won! (See photo below)
- What is your favorite song, book or movie and why? The Notebook, who doesn’t love a good cry and Just Go With It, who doesn’t love a good laugh.
- Besides teaching classes, what is your favorite way to stay active? Strength training.
- In one or two words, how would you describe yourself? Determined.